Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grüezi Zurich!!

olaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am back from Zurich!!!
The last time I was in Zurich was 6 years ago, when I was 17 , as an exchange student visiting fellow AFS-ers Galveen, Jeen and Anand. Lol. HAd so much fun too then!! I remember I was really addicted to chocolates and decided to go on a chocolate diet while I was there. Chocolate for breakfast, lunch, dinner... YUM!! Guys, if you are reading this.. I miss those days!!! Being back in Zurich made me.. well.. think of you guys!! :)

anyways.... yours truly is S-I-C-K!! I haven't been sick in ages so I don't quite know if I am really sick, but my head feels really cottony at the moment, and I feel a bit like a fish in an aquarium (ie. floaty-ish, if there is even such a word, pardon me if not My brain's not quite working at the moment)..THAT, and I can't quite feel my feet , detached almost.
but yes!! Zurich was breathtakingly gorgeous , painfully expensive and yes, fantastically COLD. Hence the reason I am now down with the FLU. arghh.
So when we got there it was a minus 1 degree (brrrrrrr.)
So here you are..PICS!!!

Day One: Zurich/Zurich Old Town/Rapperswil
The first part of the day was spent wandering about Zurich, the Old Town and a walk along the lake. By late afternoon, we got bored taking photos of each other and decided to head out by the feri to Rapperswil (a.k.a City of Roses , about 2 & 1/2 hours by feri , 1 hour plus by train from Zurich).














view of the lake. GORGEOUS.











hot hot sunny day!!





took this pic, wanted to capture the lil dog crossing the road.













love the fountain. this is where my NEW camera fell. SIGH!!!to capture the moment..








boarding the boat to Rapperswil , which we bought for CHF 23












brrrrrrr. though it was nice and sunny, it was FREAKIN cold on the boat ride.


Rapperswil here we are!!!!


picture perfect Rapperswil. These photos do not do justice to it, really have to be here, to see it!



ME trying to con one of these swans to be my pet duck.


cosy cafes by the side walk.


the Rose Garden which wasn't all that 'Rosy'






view atop Rappenswil



picture of the swans , taken with my good ol' phone camera. :)








Day Two: Lucerne


our train tickets to Lucerne for CHF 46 from Zurich.















Lucerne , here we come!!!































greedy Ignatius , trying to steal a bite of my ice cream!!!

















Lõwendenkmal, Lucerne


our Swiss Army caps. love it!











No comments: