Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ni hao~~back from Taipei!!!

when the going gets tough..as it often does, its always good to have a friend to lean on (even if he/she is a million miles away..)
Thanks nelson, for the prep talk just, it helps to know you've been around this block too!! :)

and YEs, I shall go back to happily unpacking from my trip, and as promised.. Below are pics of what I bought in Taipei!!!!!!!!!

Guys; here's a website to go to whenever you feel down: http://www.dear-god.net/
This site never fails to remind me to count my blessings; to see the cup half full rather than half empty:) Johnjohn recommended it to me awhile ago; thanks!! ps: Where in the world are you now?? miss u guys, haven't seen you and emily in two weeks! :(

but First things first: I just got back from Taipei, and..Taipei is a great city!!! No wait.. great seems boring, dull almost..its... FABULOUS!!!!! With a double capital F!

Great SHOPPING (cheap cheap cheap!!well.. if you bargain, that is !! ), delicious FOOD, GGORGEOUSSSSSS people very important note: never bring your boyfriend (or go on a honeymoon) here

What more can you ask for?? I really am in love with the city at the mo', now i can see why Rachel and Charlene loves it so much!! It felt almost like I was in Bangkok again, grabbing everything into my shopping bag and not quite looking at the price tag as more often than not, its CHEAP!!!

Plus, I found it quite fun to practice my non-existent Mandarin on the poor shopkeepers (who I think struggled desperately to decipher my Mandarin , for usually when I try to bargain-after awhile I think out of exasperation and to get rid of me-they just nod endlessly at my offer price!! Weee!!!)


So here you go!! Introducing... TAIPEI: the city that never sleeps (at least until 11 pm when the night markets closes :P)!!!

heh.. tickled me to find my name on the TV screen...lol.

carmen and i at Wu Fen Pu..

Shi Ling night market


juicy looking things-nope:didnt try it.

lettuce???! nah.. its our green tea-red bean dessert. TWO THUMBS UP!better than Starbucks' green tea frap!!

this is the peach flvoured ice shave

..and this is the sweet corn


SHOPPIN!!!! :P

i finally bought my boots for Moscow!!!!!:P

i love this top and skirt I got from Shi Ling!!

day two: this is when Carmen and I decided to explore the Taiwanese mrt.. the verdict?
extremely easy to navigate thru!Plus Cheap cheap!!!

map reading was never quite my forte; but Xi Men being just two stops away from our hotel, it was E-A-S-Y!!!


our station

this cutie I found in the bakery. Hmm.. gave me some ideas on what I would like to do to Sugarbunny!!
:P
My FAVE shop in Xi Men Ding!!! It has got 4 stories!!!!!Girls!!! You have to come here!!!!


cutie no.2 I met at the shop where I bought my bling bling cap. I am in love with it!!


don't you just love this doggie's outfit??I bought similar ones for sugarbun and muffin too!!A bumblebee for sugar, a dinosaur for muffin!! :P

am soooo in love with my new cap from Xi men ding!!! I bought two actually..

Xi Men Ding by day


lovin the top, and the vest!! Got it both for only NT$390 (translates to RM 39, SGD$ 20 ish) *big grin*

I was stuck in the hotel for half the day.. so camwhore is what I did. This is my bathroom. hehe.

Taiwan on a wet and gloomy day!

and this is my latest edition to my collection of headgear!! (remind me to upload pics of my cowboy hat from Cape town!! Woo hooo!! )

I got this for Moscow too, for end of this month. Worried I'll get frostbite when I am there.. hence, gearing up with all the thickest winter wear I can find.

Xi men Ding by night..much busier , than during the day!!


this is the tofu I tried. I suspect it is the legendary Chou Tou Fu (Translate:Smelly To Fu) that everyone's talking about from Taiwan. From far, it does smells dodgy(almost like trash), but when you eat it, its quite yummy!!! Can someone please tell me if it is, from the chinese words here??

This is some kiosk that sells yummy looking jelly thing. I was going to get one for myself, until I noticed the BIG picture of a FROG!!! (gaspsss!!:S) on the kiosk's sign. Walked away quickly after that. (suspect: its some frog jelly thing.. )


In short, Taiwan ROCKS!!
I sure do hope I get to go back there again SUPER SOON!!! cheers!!!

1 comment:

MaxOnline said...

yesh, u r right. Its the smelly tofu. Written on the store signboard. :)