Monday, March 2, 2009

Sam, Ping and a day in Mumbai, India

Meet Sam, one of my closest friends back when I was doing my first year with Victoria University, Sunway.

I remember the nights when we will all congregate at Al Kenchana, Or Xantus's place for a scary movie marathon, the mid night drive to Genting Highlands for a drink at Starbucks, Sam's lame jokes that never failed to make me laugh till my tummy hurts even at times when I was sad..


So, two years ago Sam and his family moved to Mumbai, and I haven't seen him since.

28 Feb 09- Here we are, hanging out in Mumbai! Who would have thought?

Loved the experience of walking the streets of Mumbai, India with an old friend, and soaking up the sights, scenes, sounds of a city so foreign, but yet reminded me a wee bit of KL and Penang with its English influence.

Here you go, pictures!







The Taj Mahal Palace hotel



A lazy Saturday in Mumbai

I like bright lights

Houses on the streets of Mumbai...

A typical street in Mumbai

Can you spot the moon?

My vegetarian roll. Yum

Sam's lamb something something..

After walking the street markets, and having bought a few books at a nearby book store, we went for a lassi drink. I love plain lassi!

Then, we went for a walk by the Marine Drive. Beautiful. Reminded me a wee bit of Dubai for some reason. Sam's going to take me to the entertainment centre and to the outskirts of Mumbai on my next trip here. Looking forward to it, most definitely!!

Sam and Ping at the Gateway of India , built back in 1911 to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary .

No comments: