Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My wish

I am never quite an ambitious person.
When I was younger, I think my first ambition was to be a writer. Then , it was to be an actress. There was never any ambition to be a lawyer, a doctor, a banker on my part.

As I grew older, my ambitions wore off, and simply just became a simple wish.

...and I always thought that, that WISH was just to be happy.

I realise now, that I was slightly wrong.

My wish should be for my loved ones and myself to not just be happy, but also healthy.

It's not about the amount of money you make, or the things you can buy , or places you can travel to -that marks how successful or happy you are .

When it comes down to it, just simply being alive, and breathing and living, being able to run, jump, hop and skip- and being able to see the faces of our loved ones and to be able to spend time with them; well, that is just priceless

The gift of life.

Ling's going with me to see the doctor in a bit, wish me luck!

No comments: