Tuesday, July 22, 2008

august updates

GUESS WHERE I"M GOING???!!!

BEIJING AND ADELAIDE in August.WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooo excited,I am ready to pack my bags and leave already!


I am busy googling Beijing and Adelaide at the mo.
Lonely Planet describes Adelaide as...

"Calming Hills, crashing waves and a Whole valley of Wine."

OK OK.. i know i know, Adelaide has got a boring, sleepy vibe to it. It's also known as .. the CITY OF CHURCHES. Google it, and you'll find keywords like.. hills, relaxing, vineyards (HMM come to think of it, I DO WANT TO VISIT ONE!!), CHURCHES..
BUT BUT.. Scroll down the middle of Lonely Planet's first para on Adelaide, and
you'll find the following sentence:

"Nowadays, much to the wowsers' chagrin, pubs and nightclubs outnumber the churches."


AHA. Now we are talking business!!


Trams of Glenelg suburbs



Bird's eye view of Adelaide


Some photos of Beijing I've found on the net. I can't wait to take my own when I get there!!!




The best part of going to Beijing??!! We'll be just on time for the Olympics, Erik and Friso's going to be there, AND we get one full day with Rachel!!! PARTyy party!!!

woot! Así es la vida!

No comments: