Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Not So Gentle Reminder

We should never take anything for granted, no matter how tiny it may seem.

Walking home from a coffee/tea session last night with Cel, I tripped and fell onto the road, scraping my hands. No problem right since all the fall did was to leave a big fat red gash the size of a fifty cent Malaysian coin.
That's not too bad. Except, it hurt like hell. I quickly found out that ok, small gash but it completely impacted my ability to move my thumb, hence something mundane like brushing my teeth now takes ages. Washing my hair, dressing up- takes a hell lot longer with just one hand. Oh gosh, who would have thought!?

It's ok though, small price to pay for an important reminder. I was just thinking about Sam whilst walking home last night, she too, just had a nasty fall, way worst than mine, leaving a big cut on her knee. I was just thinking what to get for her when I visit this weekend, when I tripped.

All I could think off was hey, I must take a pic to show Sam!!! Haha. And I did!

Anyways, the evening was such a gorgeous event. Spur of the moment, I invited Cel over for dinner, made pasta pesto with mountain heaps of green vege and spinach(except post cooking, the mountain shrank into tiny green shrubs). Then, we decided to do coffee/tea at vivo since it was still so early!

No comments: