Friday, January 30, 2009

like home, sort of.




my comel (translate: cute) grandma !!






love you linny! glad you like the dress I got you from Perth! :)

my fave CNY dish; yee sang (translate: raw fish salad)

my babiess!





my poor baby who's got a bad HORRIBLE haircut-no thanks to Max the groomer, who's left my poor Muffin looking like a camel :(


30 Jan 09- i think without even realising it, SG has become my home!

My trips back from KL are usually marked with a very heavy heart, solemn vows of leaving SG for good and teary good byes (mind you, only on my part.Lin and mum always seem to breathe a SIGH OF RELIEF when waving me good bye at the airport or bus stop! haha.. )

Today was different. Yes, I was sorry I couldn't join mum, pa and lin on our annual trip back to Penang for the chinese new year celebration ; but I was actually quite happy to go home to my apartment on Drive 1 Pasir Ris, making plans with friends,and.. - I was even looking forward to working tomorrow!

I found myself happily chatting to the ground staff while checking in at the airport, waiter at cafe, and I wasn't even all that annoyed when I was trying to get some sleep onboard and the guy sitted next to me wouldn't stop telling me how the hot sun in Melbourne melted all 10kgs of his Ferero Roche (???&^*)

The long line at the customs in Terminal 1 didn't dampen my mood either; neither did the long queue at the taxi line, or the thought of coming home to an empty apartment!

Hmmm.. wonder what's making me go all lalalala-
maybe it's the many new dresses I bought , or the cook books I lugged with me from KL to Singapore so I can experiment in the kitchen, or being united with my oven again,or the fantastic albeit short weekend I spent with my family, or that I have grown my bangs out so I am finally looking normal again and don't look so much like a 5 year old retard like I did the past 3 months, or the idea of buying a new bike so I can ride around the neighbourhood, or I 've been watching so much depressing news on CNBC and CNN of late that I am quite thankful to be doing what I do now, or that I am so in love with the blue dress Liny gave me..

OR...it could be just that my aparment on Drive One Pasir Ris has FINALLY become home to me!

:)

ps: turned out my apartment wasn't all that empty - Rach was home when I got back!
and.. I get to see sammy on sunday!

life is.. GRRRRREAT!

xxloves

No comments: