Sunday, September 21, 2008

the Dubai post




I'd hate to be too quick to past judgments on first impressions.. but Dubai was a teeny bit of a disappointment.
(a) it was veryyyy hot ( now I know how a Kenny Rogers chicken feels like!!! it was 38 degrees!!)
(b) the shops was closed day time (or most of the eateries anyway) due to the Ramadan month
(c) the local men would stare at women like they have never seen a woman in their entire life, and when you attempt to stare back and throw them a dirty look , they actually well.. just stare back!

So anyways..We got there about 2100 hours , and a few of us went out for dinner at this place which looks a lot like one of those mamak stalls we have back home in KL ; except for the prices being quoted in Dirhams. I had my usual plain lassi (I like the one in KL much more, this tasted like diluted lassi) and fruit salad. Yum! The rest had chicken tikka and some lamb curry thing . Sitting there and just chatting with the rest, in the mamak-like shop felt a bit like a good old yum-cha session back home in KL. :)

After dinner we took a walk around the hotel area (which reminds me alot of Mustapha centre area....)

As for the rest of my time in Dubai , I ended up just lazing in my room. I was quite frustrated at first to be finally in Middle East and to be stuck in my room, but the great thing was that I was finally reunited with my darling E!Channel, and was quite happy to order room service and just get my much deserved rest !!

Let's just hope the next time around , the weather will be a little bit more forgiving ( a CUTE local [ ahem ahem.. ] said that it gets colder in January ). Looking back now I am a little angry at myself for not doing anything in Dubai. SIGH!!!

I still have some unfinished business in Dubai:

1)sand boarding (!!!!!)
2)desert tour
3)check out the camel race course (they have a camel race courseeee! tee hee)
4) Jumeriah beach

DUBAI.. I'll be back!!!

My next stop?? MILAN! ( I don't care, even if there is a snow storm, or a hurricane in Milan, I am still going out! hmm.. note: Faith..let's bring an umbrella and rain coat!!!! )

No comments: