Saturday, June 13, 2009

taipei, revisited June 09

Third time in Taipei- I figured I wanted to explore other places apart from the usual Wu Fen Pu (shopping street), Shih Lin night market (also shopping, and Eating haunt) and Xi Men Ding (yessss! you guess it right! yet another shopping area!) .

So , on the flight there, I bugged my local Taiwanese colleagues for other places to vist- and they suggested ZhongXiao DunHua - it's about three MRT stops from the Shandao station -

and yes.. it's yet another shopping area!!

I wanted time alone, and after a tricky game of cat and mouse with the rest of my colleagues, I soon found myself happily setting out to explore this new place.

It's suppose to be famous for selling cosmetic products and dresses! Ooooooh! I was excited. Nothing like the thrill of exploring a foreign land, of foreign language , by myself!



The shopping area is in the Ding Hao Departmental Square, hence once you arive at the ZhongXiao Dun Hua station, use exit 8.


Now, I expected a sort of like an underground connecting shopping complex, or maybe a shopping complex NEXT TO the MRT ie the one in Nanjing.

But when I reached the exit, I came to a big road. When I turn left this is what I saw:










And to my right :





Gosh! It was a pretty busy street!!


After a few clumsy attempt at engaging the locals with my limited Mandarin vocabulary...

I found it! Ding Hao departmental store!!! *pats back *


I didn't shop for too long, and about half an hour later, I decided to go hunt for 7/11 to buy Vy's papaya milk :p

The streets around the area is filled with cutesy cafes and stores- remind me alof of Apgujeong, in Incheon ,South Korea.

I stumbled upon the cutest little petshop . EVER . Royal Princess Grooming Centre

I love love love poodles. So cute and round, and poofy and cuddly. Instantly made me miss my own two sweet monsters at home :( Spot the teeny toilet bowl ? Little black baby poodle was sitting on the toilet bowl when I first walked into the shop. SOOO Adorable.




I then decide to go around looking for Taiwanese petshops! :D

I found this shop; Puppy Heaven. I made friends with this little tot, Echo. Such a sweetie. Reminds me of the many gazillion reasons why I shall be leaving SG for KL soon, my monsters playing a major part of it.




Puppy Love

No comments: