Monday, June 8, 2009

Growing up is all about...

... killing your own cockroaches.

No... really. I mean it. Don't laugh. Hear me out?

*clears throat*


All my life, I have always depended on my dad, my maids ( notice I didn't mention my mum or my little brother or Linny. Simply because we ARE ALL equally TERRIFIED of 'roaches!) whenever one of these nasty gross flying creepy buggers come a-visiting . UGh.

Two weeks ago, I came back happy from a day's work - and I was in a hurry to meet a friend for supper. What should come flying into my room - no prizes for guessing.. AHEM. NOT ONE. BUT TWO. TWOOO! 'roaches! Flying ones at that too.

Now, then I wanted to cry. I wanted to call my mum (then I though, whatever for , Mummy is just as afraid of 'em and its not like she can come running with Shelltox all the way from KL!) ,

then I thought of calling a friend over to help me .

Then I had bright idea. Why not even call Henry , my poor house agent who has , over the past 12 months become our electrician (for when our lightbulbs 'pop' and we girls, HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX A LIGHTBULB), our locksmith ( for when I lock myself out of my room with my KEYS inside. note: yes , I , inspired by KitMey inspite of all this incidences would still like to join MENSA! ) and now I was thinking , hey while I am at it- why not add 'roach killer to Henry's evergrowing resume?

Then I felt bad , it was 12 in the am - yaiks.

Hence, CAME the moment of me growing up.

I took Sammy's Shelltox , happily sitting on our kitchen counter, and I sprayedddddddd. And SPRAYEDDDDDDDDDD ( ohh and PRAYED too while I was at it-prayed that the DARN 'roach won't fly into my HAIR!) .

Before I knew it, the killing was over, the roaches were squirming on the floor, almost lifeless. Delighted , I vaccuumed the buggers.

Ah yes. Coming to the above-mentioned subject- I have grown up , really. I now kill my own 'roaches!

I suppose it would mean to that growing up is about standing firm to your ground, and not run at the first sign of trouble. OR in my case,fear. :D



* this post is dedicated to my dearest housemates. Miss you girls badly, please come home quick, I am getting lonely! :(


Kisses ,xxx!

No comments: