Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Dream List

We all have our life's dream list.

You know what I am talking about:

the bungee jump, to backpack China ,to perform on stage, to write a book, to sing, to dance, to get married, to have kids, to have 10 dogs or cats, to learn a foreign language, to paint, to bike all around the East coast of Malaysia, to start a foundation..

In our hearts, there's always a 'something' we'd like to do.

But for most of us, that 'something' more often than not, becomes just well, an item on a list, and nothing more.Soon enough, it'll be forgotten, the dreams of our youth long lost as we grow older.


What holds us all back from pursuing our dreams? Is it the fear of uncertainty? The fear of rejection? The fear of coming out of our comfort zones? The fear of what's not conventional?

I have my list, and I am going to take the leap.

Whether or not I make it, it does not count, for at the end of the day, I know I have tried.



And that makes for the best life story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B, there are many forks along life's journey, left or right makes the difference between being happy or being really, truly happy. If happiness means being challenged to take the road less traveled, then just be the really happy you!

Frost's ROAD LESS TRAVELED was one of my teenage favourites, it still is.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference"


Robert Frost
1874-1963