Friday, July 17, 2009

hellos , and goodbyes

hello goodbye sam and ping from year '08




Hellos and Goodbyes are common fixtures in my life.

and today, i said hello to me from a year ago, when I had to face something I 've always feared.

Makes me wonder how much I've grown over the past 12 months. Sometimes, we have acquired enough experience and skills to face our fears- but we are so hellbent and stuck to the belief that we can't ; we never quite overcome the fear itself.

I read somewhere about how circus elephants are chained to a spot- held simply with just a single nail to the ground. These elephants have been chained since young. Being the tiny beasts they were- they couldn't break-free from these chains. After awhile, they abandon any attempts of escaping altogether.

These elephants grow into huge beasts - big and strong- and now able to break free from these chains , but they never do try anymore- simply 'chained' to the belief that they can't.

so there you go. the power of perception and belief. powerful stuff.

Anyways, while pretending to pay attention in class today, I spent a bulk of the day doing a quick 'life inventory check' .

I am running an exercise- jot down four things I have always dreamt of. And well. Just do it. These items has to be big steps out of my comfort zone, and something I have always wanted to do, but never had the guts to. Hmm.

I am still deciding. Don't quite know what I want to change. Hmm.
Time to go laze in Sam's room!

xx

No comments: