Sunday, July 28, 2013

Traveller

Such is the way some Sundays would feel to me, ever since I decided to move to Singapore.
Even after 5 years of calling Singapore home, I never fail to feel sad and depressed whenever it's time to say goodbye to my parents, another 4-6weeks before I get to see them again.

The first two years was the hardest. I remember how Sam and I used to cry our eyes and heart out whenever it was time to board the bus or plane.
I hated the feeling of dread, almost like a death sentence whenever the departure drew closer.

These days, it is less extreme, and whenever I say good bye I try to be abit more nonchalant about it. As if by the next day I would come strolling home again.

Today is one of the better goodbyes. I think the sun plays a part too, it's particularly hard to be sad on such a gorgeous sunny Sunday.
Also, my fellow travelers in this bus are in the same position as I am. I see these men and women bidding their families good bye, a little sadly, but I think we are all here in this position because we want to see explore and see what life is, outside of kl.

I feel comforted almost to know that I am not alone especially as I hear the happy conversations in hokkien and Cantonese.

Back to my book. Thanks mum for the three books. I can't wait to wolf them all down!

No comments: