Saturday, August 13, 2011

Moving Out!

I am amidst packing again, and yes, I haven't change one bit- that bit about procrastination, of course.

Think am doing a pretty darn good job though. Single handedly I have managed to work 16 hours a day the whole of this week (packed somewhat 50% on Tuesday which thank god was Singapore's National Day, and hence a Public Holiday), and still be ready for my big fat move to the city today!

Yesterday, my last day at work before I go on my one-month's leave - has been a mad rush as expected. Will talk about work one fine day.

For now, this entry is all about my big fat move. I have lived the past 3 years, near the airport in the east- near to the airport, for work. Now that I am on ground, I have decided to move to the city, and am looking forward to exploring a new part of the country!

So I managed to pack the rest of my stuff this morning and am pretty pleased with myself. Except that now I am a teensy bit anxious: outside in my soon-to-be ex living room, sits something like 15 BIG BOXES, 5 luggages, and in MY ROOM still, there's two more luggages, 2 boxes, 2 coffee tables, a mini cupboard, 2 mirrors. There. My life in Singapore summed up in boxes. Oh wait, let's not forget my 2-year old-never-been-used bicycle, 2 potted plants and my popcorn machine.

Hmm.


How is this all going to fit in my new place I do not know. I would be sharing the room for a bit with Jules, before she goes back to Canada- no, I have not met her before until my viewing the apartment- hence, yes, am worried too that it would be awkward sharing a room with a complete stranger, outgoing as she may seem.

Nevermind, that's the fun thing about life, I love throwing myself in senseless situations like this- now let's just see how I handle it.

Ok, back to the last minute mad rush!

ciao

No comments: