Monday, August 22, 2011

hey Green Fingers!



The weekend flew by so fast!

Anyways, the orchids we bought a year ago is really thriving on his balcony!! Can you believe it, once upon a time we thought one of this orchids were going to die!

And look at it now:



So we adopted/rescued one more, we found this poor one at the trash bin, someone had decided to get rid of it, thinking it had died. So Gian actually took it home, cut its leaves, and left it on his balcony, with plenty of sun, and the occasional fertilizer.

It is slowly recovering! In place of what used to be spotty-looking leaves; are healthy looking green ones!



As for me, I am trying to grow these in my room:


The Portulaca Grandiflora, aka Moss Rose.

It is pretty cute really, with its variety of teeny weeny flowers, last week I had red and yellow ones, which opened during the day, and closed as soon as the sun sets.

Unfortunately the flowers of my Moss Rose wilt pretty fast, and in place of last week's yellow and reds:


White ones!

If this batch goes well, am going to try and grow some on my balcony. Saw some gorgeous petunia's today at my neighbour's balcony, and am quite quite quite tempted to run off to the nearest nursery tomorrow and get a pot of petunias!!


We'll see!


No comments: