Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Dear Little Fellow

I just spent quite a significant portion of my solo time this evening reading my previous entries - from my advertising days, flying , partying.

Oh gosh, how I have changed since then. The environment really moulds the person, truly. Or is it age, really?


I really didn't want to write about Harry's passing at first, because I figured that it would be too painful and personal, but since I have a really bad memory, I better write an entry on this little friend of mine. I am sorry it was such a brief encounter, but truly, he was one little beagle I will never forget. 

It has been almost two weeks since Harry has passed on, and things are slowly getting better. I still can't really believe it, because things just went downhill so quickly, and he left us so suddenly. We were all really affected, I think Gian and I spent a week every night talking about this wonderful being that truly has left an empty spot in our hearts and lives. Although we are looking forward to going to Rome in July, I dread it a little : My most  favorite thing to do in Rome is to take dear harry to the park, and now that he is gone, I don't quite know what to look forward to. To see Paula, it will be great to see her, but I think this trip is going to be a very sad one, inevitably. I only met this little short fellow on two occasions, and yet I couldn't help myself but fall in love with his free-spirited way, so adamant and focused on the things he wants (actually, mostly, food), so cheerful, cheeky, greedy, and just full of character really. I just can't believe he is gone, cremated, all that is left are his ashes. Only god knows how Gian feels. I shall only be thankful to have met this little guy, I am sure he is in a better place, with plenty of steak and rabbits to chase. 

This event has made me think a lot really about my family, and my monsters and everyone else I love and care about.  What would I do without them? 

Coincidently, it has come to the second half of 2012. Perfect time to reflect on my goals - professional and personal. If they were achieved or on if they are on the way of being achieved, at least. One of my main focus from now on definitely is to spend more time with my family and my monsters. 

love.

No comments: