Thursday, January 19, 2012

cruisin', really!



Things can't be better - I am back to work, yes the days are crazy, and I think of changing career almost constantly, and I am amidst working that out, but yea- I am enjoying the happy cheery laughter, the mid-day shopping trips, the mad rush from meetings to meetings to briefing sessions, being harassed by Clients, being harassed again by the Creative team, etc - Crazy, but yes I am quite contented. We've also just moved office to this little quaint place in Tanjong Pagar-really cosy with little bars and cafes to have our breakfast, lunch and drinking sessions!

Anyways, Gian and I have just started this new project- Project Aquarium. Love it how we constantly come up with things to do together, and really just bond. Well, so anyways, we got this kick-ass 5-feet length aquarium last Saturday, and we spent the whole week doing our research.

So yep- first up- landscaping.So whilst I was at work today, he went to get our first additions to the project- some driftwood, gravel, moss, java fern. It's quite tedious really, we need to plant these items first to get the whole nitrogen cycle going, before adding our fishes three weeks later. We are going to plant these babies tomorrow after work (need to soak them overnight) so am super excited!



I can't wait to get my shrimps and have little shrimplets in the aquarium!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So weird. We started tank-keeping at almost the same time, except mine is substantially smaller... 5 feet?! How many gallons?

I'm keeping an 8G freshwater upstairs in the kitchen, it has one betta and a dozen really tiny (and cute) pygmy catfish (cory's).

I'm starting up a 34G saltwater downstairs, it's not even filled yet... that should happen this w/e.

Looking forward to seeing how your tank turns out...