Thursday, February 23, 2012

Creating Zen

So for a few weeks now, I follow Gian to this Buddhist temple for his zen meditation sessions.

A free thinker, I am never quite the religious person, though I am a strong believer in karma.

So the zen monk preaches every session, amongst other things, about impermanence. How we should remove 'i' from the equation, and hence reduce self-centeredness. This would give us greater peace, and balance, as well as cultivate an open mind.

So, in a bid to find peace, create balance, achieve zen - call it what you will; I have personally pledged to help at least three living things in need on a daily basis.

It can be simple, from running an errand, to completing a task, or just giving a compliment - hee! So
I find myself now, looking out every day for opportunities to make another person's day.

How fun! How... Zen??

No comments: